Scientific study finds that given a typewriter a collection of monkeys cannot recreate the complete works of Shakespeare - instead they find that they mainly type the letter "S". Perhaps this itself means something? Anyway I think the whole experiment was flawed as surely the premise is that you need an infinite number of monkeys rather than just six?
At risk of offending all cat lovers out there (sorry Hazel) clay kitten shooting
is a very enjoyable flash game. It provokes two important questions though - why does clay kitten shooting appear to occur in San Francisco? And more importantly - given that there are clay kittens as well clay pigeons should they really bleed when you shott them? Discuss.
Spend long periods of time in front of a computer? Need to maintain your geekdom but indulge your body building needs? You need the nerd gym
. Or as an alternative try house gymnastics
Enjoy bouncing balls around? Then try these two games. Smashing
has a Breakout vibe and Gravity Ball
sort of does too but with the added element of gravity effecting the ball.
Track down your missing socks at the Bureau Of Missing Socks - a service especially for the matching sock deprived.
Pictures of abandoned baths in fields. That's pretty much it.
A scrolling 360 degree night-time view of Japan. Unfortunately I don't know enough to say what city this is but it looks distinctly cool.
Find Strong Bad news and more at fhqwhgads
the Homestar Runner community site.
A musical flava to this week's friday five
illustrated here by the ever lovely Norwegian pop godesses Ephemera
. Anyway on with this week's five:
1. Name one song you hate to admit you like. There are a few songs I keep going back to that are totally hateful but somehow strangely addicitve - witness "I Want To Be A Hippy".
2. Name two songs that always make you cry. I think I'd struggle to find any songs that make me cry - I'm a heartless soul - but Crazy English Summer by Faithless feat. Zoe Johnston has got me through some though times - likewise Gone by Kosheen.
3. Name three songs that turn you on. It was stunningly easy to come up with songs for this question which probably says something about my moral fibre. Anyway, in no particular order: The rather steamy If Loving You Is Wrong by Faithless, the sensual All I Need by Air, and the filthy Roll On by Sneaker Pimps.
4. Name four songs that always make you feel good. The Sea and The Music That We Hear both by Morcheeba, Francisca by Espiritu, Deadweight by Beck. Only one of these is a particularly happy sounding song - the others just hold good memories.
5. Name five songs you couldn't ever do without. Destiny by Zero 7, My Life by Dido, Little Things by Lamb, Sour Times by Portishead and the whole of the Big Calm album by Morcheeba. A slight cheat on the last one but I couldn't choose one track above the rest of the album.
"Raised by a cup of coffee."
The premise of this pixelated game seems to be to cause as much mayhem & arson as possible - in an anarchistic anti-capitalist kind of a way without getting caught by the police. I say seems as it's all in German and I didn't understand a word but it was pretty easy to get the gist of the thing from the gameplay. Anyway - probably quite a fitting game so close to the 1st May anti-capitalist marches but not really for me as I spent the first of May poncing around the City in a suit doing computer consultancy for insurance underwriters. Some of my IIS configuration was fairly radical though.